Our Program Goals are to:
- Create a Christ-centered learning environment where each child will grow in an atmosphere of unconditional love and acceptance.
- To be inspired by Reggio Emilia practices to offer opportunities for children to learn through their play.
- Recognize sensitive developmental stages and present appropriate materials that provide a maximum potential for growth.
- Encourage children to explore the world around them, ask questions, and discover the joy of learning.
- Teach, through example, the concepts of fairness, respect, and love for each other.
- Provide a safe, nurturing learning environment that is designed to facilitate independent positive behavior and prepare children for kindergarten transition.
- Provide materials and learning experiences that will allow the whole child to develop the spirit, the body and the mind.
- Promote family participation by providing opportunities for parents and family members to be included in daily classroom experiences and school activities.
- Provide resources for education, support, and referral for our families.
- Help children develop academic, physical, language, and social skills through extensive play opportunities, while reinforcing their use of words to express their feelings and needs.
Preschool Admission Policy
The Catholic schools in the Diocese of San Diego, mindful of their mission to be a witness to the love of Christ for all, grant admission to children of any race, color, and national/ethnic origin. The school is open to children age 2 years 10 months through pre-kindergarten, who demonstrate successful self-toileting skills.
In the summer months, enrollment ages are extended to include children of kindergarten age.